To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing District Sales Manager- Birmingham, AL
Grainger • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Directs the sales activities for an assigned geographic area through the implementation of company strategy. This position is responsible for managing $25-$50 Million in sales and direct reporting responsibility for a team of Account Managers. Ensures strategic and tactical alignment with key stakeholders and business partners to grow business profitably.
- Responsible for leading a team that generates sales and growth in an assigned geographic area including market penetration
- Drive accountability, new opportunity development, customer relations, and customer retention
- Collaborate with internal business partners to create, execute and measure sales within the assigned market
- Implement segment initiatives on a local level with customers, supplier partners and local internal resources
- Develop and co-owns personal contacts with key customers
- Demonstrate business acumen and achieve revenue goals
- Leverage appropriate pricing strategy to guide team to most profitable business growth
- Demonstrate change leadership; drive and actively lead team through business changes
- Lead team in prioritizing tasks to justify individual or team allocation of time and resources
- Prioritize people and projects to ensure that both internal and external client needs are met
- Manage strategic supplier relationships in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Drive understanding and adoption of key business tools and resources
- Select, develop, train, and retain diverse sales force
- Identify and develop future leaders and strong contributors through the use of Performance excellence and succession planning
- Manage Account Manager performance metrics in accordance with the sales management system
- Observe progress, judge the effectiveness of direct reports, and provides timely and appropriate feedback.
- Coach and counsel direct reports to perform successfully and in ongoing development of skills and competencies
- Be strategic, organized and technology savvy in approach to managing a district and team.
- Demonstrate successful strategic planning, goal setting and allocation, problem solving, quantitative analysis and time management
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and achieve results through others
- Demonstrate leadership skills to assess, coach, counsel, and develop a sales team
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand financial reporting, to analyze business needs, costs/budgets and economic earnings
- Possess excellent presentation skills, strong customer focus, and the ability to effectively lead through change
- Demonstrate a track record of successful internal partner relationships that result in the achievement of sales and operation objectives
- Must be able to motivate, inspire, and achieve results through others
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales leadership experience preferred
- High School diploma and/or GED required
- College or equivalent experience preferred
- 50% to 75% travel is required
Has responsibility for $25 - $50 million of revenue and up to 15 direct reports. This position has impact on the customer base, driving revenue and on customer development and retention. Responsible for increasing the productivity of the sales force.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.