Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Co-Op Account, Coordinator to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4795
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Category Management
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : New York : Melville || United States : North Carolina : Davidson
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sells and presents co-op advertising and other promotional programs to new and existing strategic vendors. This consists of the following:
- Attends planning session with appropriate Specialty Catalog Manager, Product Manager and/or Merchandising Manager to determine appropriate suppliers who should be considered for the Baseline and Above & Beyond programs.
- Builds tentative contracts for appropriate suppliers collaboratively with the Specialty Catalog Manager, Product Manager and/or Merchandising Manager.
- Obtains internal approval from Specialty Catalog Manager, Product Manager and/or Merchandising manager for proposed contracts.
- Sends proposed contracts to suppliers to obtain supplier approval.
- Negotiates with supplier to come to a mutually favorable agreement that meets both Coop and Product goals.
- Obtain and file signed contract from supplier to assure compliance.
- Update Baseline and Above & Beyond programs in COOP Database to match contracts.
- Compiles and analyzes historical vendor information for presentation at various meetings in support of co-op advertising program participation.
- Product Line meetings: this consists of preparing analysis for the Product Line Manager(s) assigned to the coordinator and presenting the information.
- Department meetings: this consists of assisting in the compilation and analysis of the data, but may or may not consist of presenting the information.
- Supplier meetings: this consists of assisting in the compilation and analysis of the data, but may or may not consist of presenting the information.
- Follows up with assigned vendors participating in the co-op advertising program vendors as well as with vendors interested in the cooperative program to ensure their satisfaction.
- Interacts with vendors, product managers, and merchandising managers to map out and define marketing strategies and to identify prospects for participation.
- Learns and fosters the MSC culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Ensures timely payment has been made for all co-op programs to keep aging and reserve to a minimum.
- Reports any programs that are added, changed or removed from any co-op program (Baseline, Above & Beyond or Rebate) to the senior co-op account coordinator
- Ensures accuracy of contracts to maintain compliance. This consists of the following:
- All contracts are signed and dated by a supplier representative and appropriate MSC representative.
- All contracts match MSC and supplier written and/or verbal agreements achieved during negotiation.
- Compiles list of any expenses that would hit co-op cost center through assigned vendor programs
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Marketing or the equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year sales or marketing experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- General knowledge of sales, advertising and promotional techniques required.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software required
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.