To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
- Michael Krafsig
- Phone: 3607683442
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Aerotek • Portland, OR
Posted 28 days ago
-Typical day: assigned to a specific floor and given a check list. Cleaning duties would include cleaning public restrooms, wash sinks and counters, garbage, refill supplies. Sweeping, mopping, vaccumming, stripping linens from beds and pushing to laundry shoot. Making beds. Other tasks as required.
-If cleaning patient occupied rooms will follow a conversation script introducing themselves, letting them know they will be cleaning their room, and asking if they need anything additional. If the patient needs something, will convey to nurse/doctor. Also, will leave a card with name and phone number for EVS department with patient.
-Fast-paced and at times stressful departments throughout the hospital including but not limited to doctor's offices, patient rooms, post-partum, emergency, behavioral health, dialysis, orthopedics, and critical care. Must be comfortable being around sick patients including those with infections/disease. There is a lot of walking involved, may walk on average up to 7 miles a day and is a very fast-paced and physical job.
Shifts: (MUST BE OPEN TO DO ALL SHIFTS)
-Schedule will change weekly. Likely scheduled 40 hours/week and rotating through 7 days/week. Needs to be available on weekends, because they will work most weekends. Must be flexible to changes in schedule, but it will be posted out for 4 weeks. They will have 2 consecutive days off per week.
***PUBLIC TRANSIT WILL NOT WORK FOR THIS SHIFT, CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THEIR OWN PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE A FIT FOR THIS SHIFT***
- No experience required
- Must be a dedicated and strong worker with good attitude
- Must be punctual and reliable and able to work required hours and shifts
- Must have excellent communications skills; will be required to interact with patients, nurses, doctors, and housekeeping team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and able to work with difficult people and people from different backgrounds.
- Must be able to follow safety requirements and must be able to lift 50lbs and push 200lbs. This is a very physical job so must be comfortable lifting heavy linen and trash bags.
- Must be available to work weekends and locked down on shift
- Evening shift can't be on public transit as max stops running before their shift is over.
- Previous Hospital cleaning/housekeeping experience preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and work in a fast-paced/stressful environment.
-Aerotek pays the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day, after thirty (30) days of continuous employment.
- When hired on direct will most likely receive a pay increase. They do give yearly reviews with the potential for additional raises based on performance as well. Also will qualify for full benefits as a permanent employee. Benefits offered 1st month after direct. PTO in 90 days.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.