This position will focus on work involving bridge repair for all landside bridges. Those repairs go from pile driving, bearing replacement, concrete and steel repair, hydro demolition, deck overlay, expansion joints replacement, etc.\n
As a Project Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will have responsibility over tasks related to the collection of project data required to monitor project performance, budget, schedule and quality, ensuring all construction work complies with engineering standards, codes and contract specifications.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
This position will focus on work involving bridge repair for all landside bridges. Those repairs go from pile driving, bearing replacement, concrete and steel repair, hydro demolition, deck overlay, expansion joints replacement, etc.
Schedule: 4WLA, 6MLA, and daily planning. Coordinates both self-performing and subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
Cost control: review and approve timesheets, daily production, weekly production, claim quantities, pre-planning sheets and forecast budget review among others. Review of production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget. Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Daily reports. Manages invoicing.
QC/QA: this work has a heavy QC component. Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed. Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work. Participates in all worksite tours with leadership or external parties.
Health and Safety: Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
Procurement: plan and procure all materials, equipment and subcontractors required for the job.
Design: knowledge of the design, contract and specs is required. Submittal of FDC and RFI as required. Reviews all shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data through the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
Daily operations: working closely with the superintendent to plan and oversee self-performing operations and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution. Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 6 years construction engineering experience required.
- Experience in bridge structure rehab (pile driving, bearing replacement, concrete and steel repair, hydro demolition, deck overlay, expansion joints replacement, etc.) highly preferred.
- Proven skill and ability in managing and providing technical input to engineering teams in a design build environment, setting clear expectations and delegating tasks to direct reports regarding role and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced planning and scheduling skills required.
- Able to manage multiple engineering tasks in a fast-paced environment and progress them all towards a common goal.
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality assurance practices.
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options to mitigate project delays.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity tracking methods and cost coding.
- Able to drive direct reports and influence non-reporting teams towards a common deliverable.
- Able to identify and implement growth opportunities in direct reports to build talent development within project team.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management