DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
The Entry Writer is responsible for the inbound shipment process adherence to the local customs authority and any other government agencies which may have jurisdiction. Their duties are also to provide high level customer service and problem resolution in order to ensure timely customs release.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process customs entries and all other related government agency interfaces that may apply
• Meet service level requirements in accordance to the client standard operating procedure (SOP)
• Meet entry preparation and submission requirements based on client SOP, product service level and/or country and government agency requirements
• Prioritize work based on estimated time of arrival (ETA), product service level, workflow processes, last free day and transportation mode
• Classify entry per client SOP, Parts Database, and/or direction from licensed customs broker/classification specialist
• Enter required shipment data and customs data into the brokerage system
• Proactively work with government agencies and customs authorities to resolve issues
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
• The entry writer may fill the position of a lead in a brokerage group. They may manage dispatchers, documentation personnel and others as necessary to complete the customs entry process.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Working knowledge of OGA’s – FDA, FCC, USDA, FWS, etc.
• High level of customer service
• Familiarity with customs regulations
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to adapt to new software easily
Education and/or Experience
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent required
• 3-5 years experience working as an entry writer
• License Customs Broker (preferred but not required)
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English and local country language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at Email blocked - click to apply. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at URL blocked - click to apply