Bowhead seeks a Senior Contracts Specialist in Patuxent River, MD. Responsible for assisting the Senior Director of Sole Source Contracting in acquisition, processing and maintenance of sole source contracts received from Federal, State and Local Contracting
Agencies. The Senior Contracts Specialist will assist in the development of a strategic capture plan for sole source efforts.
• Understanding of Alaskan Native Corporations, 8(a) sole source process.
• Assist in the strategic development of 8(a) subsidiaries companies.
• Prepare and Present PowerPoint presentation/training.
• Track status of all 8(a) sole source Opportunities.
• Participate in 8(a) sole source proposal planning/preparation of contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and customer specifications.
• Assist in the development of quotes and proposals.
• Prepare and negotiate terms and conditions for the Senior Director of Sole Sourcing Contracting to review.
• Track sole source contractual authorizations and correspondence.
• Maintain detailed and organized files for all contract awards.
• Maintain an audit file for each sole source contract award including: correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, and clarifications.
• Prepare special reports and analyses as required.
• May prepare/review/approve contract level proposals.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred) with 5 - 8 years relevant experience including 5 years experience managing proposals or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations; e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Knowledge of SBA and 8(a) regulations.
• Prefer knowledge of SBA regulations for Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC’s).
• Prefer knowledge of the 8(a) ANC industry.
• Experience working with multiple award ID/IQ, BPA, GSA, Cost Plus, Time and Material and Fixed Price contracts vehicles.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment, with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Creative talents and the ability to solve problems.
• The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent time management and organization skills with attention to detail.
• Team work mentality necessary to coordinate with different departments.
• Good communication and networking skills.
• Good with numbers and have good presentation skills.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Regularly update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading whitepapers and professional publications.
Work is onsite at Pax River.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In
furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants,
based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Contracts Specialist IV
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Contracts Specialist IV
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41