To be considered for next steps in the interview process, we invite all COVID Testing applicants for positions in our Ambulatory Departments to introduce themselves to us with a digital video interview. (Applicants that are current employees of Connecticut Children's do not need to complete a video interview.) Please complete your application, and then return to this page to complete your digital video interview.
Click Here to take the first step in your interview process with us, now!
Speak with your recrutier during the interview process about applying for more established roles once you have started!
Under the direct supervision of the Testing Center Manager/Clinical Coordinator, performs collection of patient samples for laboratory testing. Will report to Testing Center Manager/Clinical Coordinator, if reassignment will continue to report to hiring manager.
A Sample Collection Technician may be required to perform any or all of the following fundamental
Documentation, Administrative, Clinical, and Department Support functions:
* Supports the patient check-in and check-out processes.
* Document verification, pre-authorizations and pre-certifications.
* Prepare and files medical record.
* Provides cross coverage for other administrative roles.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
* Ensures efficient patient flow.
* Prepares testing station for sample processing.
* Provides appropriate support with ensuring testing samples are delivered to laboratory or courier.
* Obtain specimens, accurately performs and records patient testing per policy.
* Under provider and/or RN direction, performs tracking and retrieval of patient lab/diagnostic testing results to facilitate timely provider review and follow-up.
* Maintains all infection control policies and practices, appropriate donning and doffing of all required PPE
* Cleans and stocks testing tent daily.
* Maintains appropriate inventories of all medical supplies.
* Stocks and maintains all patient related forms and educational materials.
* Utilizes equipment appropriately and notifies Practice Manager in a timely fashion of equipment/facility
break-down or damage.
* Documentation is legible and falls within the appropriate Organizational documentation
* Accurately documents patient information on appropriate forms. Demonstrates accuracy in basic data entry
and data retrieval of paper/electronic patient records.
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITES
* Performs other duties as may be assigned to promote the health, safety and comfort of CT Children's
patients and families.
* Ability to travel to satellite locations may be required.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the age-related differences and needs of patients in appropriate, specific
populations form neonate through adolescence and applies them to practice. Demonstrates cultural
sensitivity in all interactions with patients/families.
* Demonstrates an awareness of safety needs and a basic knowledge of medical terminology, infection
control, risk management, and environment of care policies.
* Asks questions, clarifications, and assistance when needed and in situations that fall outside of their scope of practice.
* Demonstrates support for the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with CT Children's standards.
* Basic Understanding of CT Children's Policies and Procedures.
* Understanding of the organization's environment of care.
* High School Diploma, GED equivalent, or a higher level of education that would require the completion of high school, is required.
* Completion of medical assistant training program accredited by an accrediting body approved by the American Association for Medical Assistants or American Medical Technologists (or completion of equivalent course of study provided by the military) required; if formal training program was not completed, then certification as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) granted by the American Medical Technologists is preferred.
Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant training program is preferred.
Advanced degrees such as RN, APRN and PAC are also considered.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology and basic math and measurements
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Basic literacy and proficiency in computers, Microsoft Office applications, Practice Management System(s), and Electronic Health Record Systems (E.H.R.).
Excellent interpersonal, phone, customer service, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Effective oral and written communication in English, demonstrating a command of basic grammar and spelling.
Understand and follow specific written and verbal instructions and procedures.
Learn and demonstrate competency in standard clinical procedures within specialty area, according to established protocols.
Maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
Learn and follow established protocols in order to initiate appropriate action in emergency/crisis situations.
Learn and demonstrate competency in basic data entry/data retrieval in paper/electronic patient records.
Effectively work in a team environment as well as collaboratively with all disciplines.
Working in a clinical setting both inside a physical structure and outside in drive through setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service