Research Associate II
We are seeking an individual that is pro-active, goal-orientated, and possesses strong organizational and documentation skills. Good interpersonal and proven communication skills, both written and oral, are required. The ideal protein formulation associate will possess a Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences, or related and have 1-4 years of pharmaceutical / biotech laboratory experience. Familiar with GLP, and GMP best practices.
- Assemble study designs, perform laboratory experiments, organize data, and analyze results under minimal supervision.
- Set up and perform HPLC, as well as other assays, to characterize protein and peptide molecules.
- Analyzes, records, and reports the results and conclusions for laboratory experiments. Summarizes and interprets data.
- Designs protocols and procedures with supervisor.
- Participates and contributes at group and project meetings as required.
- Attends and presents at internal and consumer conferences as required.
- Provide guidance and support to other research associates and lab technicians.
- The candidate will work well independently and with different functional groups.
- The candidate should also be open to learn new laboratory techniques and work under the guidance of experienced researchers.
- The successful research associate will also have the proven ability to manage, multitask and maintain flexibility to changes in a given study.
- Knowledge of good documentation practices and keeping laboratory notebooks up to date with operations performed in the lab
- Work with project manager on document management and stability monitoring for various programs
Having a working knowledge of various analytical and laboratory techniques such as HPLC, spectrophotometry and SDS-PAGE are highly desired. Familiarity with pH analysis, gel electrophoresis, UV/Vis analysis, and various wet chemistry techniques. Highly competent in general software and web based tools (i.e. SharePoint, OneDrive, all office products) for both data and document management.