You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Business Development Associate is responsible for developing qualified opportunities for our Clinic Partnerships Managers by conducting outbound phone and email outreach, as well as by fielding inbound leads from our Marketing team. This position will play a key role in building the sales pipeline by researching accounts, identifying decision makers, generating interest and conducting discovery calls with potential customers. The Business Development Associate will partner with Clinic Partnerships Managers during the closing phases of the sales process. Success in this role directly translates to advancement into our formal sales representative position, Clinic Partnerships Manager.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Meet and exceed opportunity generation goals per month, quarter and year, as outlined in our qualification criteria (ex: BANT, CHAMP models)
- Maintain target call & email volume with the intent to qualify leads and create pipeline growth
- Conduct high-level discovery and educational conversations with senior executives at target accounts in order to assess prospect’s need and capture opportunity criteria
- Develop pipeline strategies with partner Clinic Partnerships Manager(s) to drive growth in the region, to include marketing campaigns, call & email scripts, content, etc.
- Follow up on marketing campaigns and provide feedback on the success of each campaign to the Marketing & Demand Generation teams
- Develop target lists and call/email strategies in order to drive sales development
- Research and develop new and existing accounts in CRM
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in CRM tool (Dynamics)
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Genoa Telepsychiatry’s product and service offering, and how it meets the needs of healthcare industry customers
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- Partner with Clinic Partnership Manager(s) to develop policy strategy in the region, by developing relationships with relevant state-based stakeholders
- Attend conferences and and increase Genoa Telepsychaitry's brand awareness while networking to develop promising accounts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of relevant marketing or sales experience
- 2+ years of experience with CRM tools (ex: Salesforce, Dynamics)
- 2+ years of experience developing sales strategies and lead generation tactics(“hunting” strategies)
- 1+ years of experience collaborating cross functionally with members of different departmental areas.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience using social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+) for lead generation and competitive research.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare services, preferably in community and/or mental health
- Experience in building a sales playbook for b2b-healthcare businesses
- Strong ability to make sound judgment calls and decisions on a daily basis with limited information
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical thinking, multi-tasking, organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast-paced environment and the ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong personal relationships with prospects, customers and partners
Demonstrated experience being detail-oriented, organized and have exceptional follow-up capabilities
A strong moral compass and commitment to Genoa Telepsychiatry’s core values:
Mission-driven: We are motivated, above all, by our mission to increase access to behavioral healthcare.
Emotional intelligence: We deeply value emotional intelligence and the natural instinct to treat others kindly.
Autonomy: We hold a high standard for excellent work, but offer ample independence to achieve goals in our own individual ways.
Equality: We treat each other equally, always seeing the merit in others' perspectives no matter who presents them.
Goal-oriented: We work hard to crystallize goals, create collaborative strategies, and reach stretchy but achievable goals.
Transparency: We communicate openly – with a bias toward a democratic dialogue.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $64800 to $116000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Military & Veterans find your next mission:
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Development Associate - Remote
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Development Associate - Remote
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; Optum; business development, sales, account management, client support, client facing, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo