What you will do
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR/LR services to employees and managers in a union manufacturing environment with daily interactions with Plant Leadership, union staff and hourly employees.
Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement,
productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies. How you will do it
- We are looking for someone with proven skills in a professional Human Resources role who has a positive attitude that likes working in a team atmosphere and is willing to assist with any project that comes their way.
- Establishes self as ‘go to’ HR person for managers and employees for all things relating to the technical application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement job assignments, seniority and pay. Collects, receives, awards and manages union job bids process. Determines seniority dates and seniority placement and communicates/disseminates copies of the current departmental and division seniority list. Maintains reports on employee status and implements appropriate action with supervisors/managers and bargaining unit employees.
- Develops effective working relationships with local management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
- Partners with management and HR Shared Services to process employee change transactions (employee movement, adjustments, promotions, etc)
- Manage employee/HR vendor/supplier billing relationships (including: Staffing agencies, safety glasses, safety shoes, union dues, uniforms)
- Partners with management to determine the appropriate resolution and accountability of employee relations issues.
- Executes daily basic HR activities covering multiple HR areas while working in partnership with local management on various company-wide HR activities employment such as: Ethics/Integrity Training, Employee surveys, Performance Reviews, Performance Management, Goal Setting, Job Interviews, and New Employee Orientation activities
- Assists in developing local policies, while ensuring alignment with standard practices and procedures.
- Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve employee relation issues and policy violations. Seeks counsel from Legal as necessary to ensure proper risk management. Provides input for process/policy improvement.
- Deploy training to inform or assist employees/managers on job related activities, policies or best practices to help improve their effectiveness and to avoid problems.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What we look for Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, or a closely related field. (or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2+ years HR Generalist experience with strong knowledge of Employee/Labor Relations.
- Experience working in a union manufacturing environment with daily interactions with union staff, hourly employees and leadership
- Ability to work in close association with all levels of employees while quickly gaining trust, building relationships and maintaining strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated success at influencing and coaching employees and business leaders is required.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (strong Microsoft Excel skills).
- Above average HR System experience (Workday/Kronos/etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details while juggling multiple and competing priorities.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems