Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available at North Florida Perinatal Associates in Gainesville for a Certified/Registered Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant performs clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and assisting with minor office procedures. Assures optimal patient flow within the clinical areas and communicates issues with physicians, clinical, administrative staff and management.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!Responsibilities
- Assists clinical personnel during patient visits.
- Remains with the patient during the exam.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Obtains and documents vital signs and lab work.
- Collects specimens.
- Labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding.
- Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan.
- Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Prepares exam rooms.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education.
- Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable.
- Communicates, under clinical supervision, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three or more years of related experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
- Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electronic Medical Record systems (eClinicalworks)
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Spanish Language
- Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance
- Electronic Medical Record
- Medical Records
- Cpt Coding