To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI 49459
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Finance Business Partner Specialist
Flagstar Bank • Troy, MI
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleFinance Business Partner Specialist
Job SummaryThe Finance Business Partner Specialist is responsible for financial monitoring/analysis, report development, scenario modeling and presentation to senior executive management. This includes financial reporting for actual results, forecast budget and performance analysis for a specific line of business. The role helps Flagstar achieve its vision and mission by forming a deep understanding of the business line’s strategy and growth initiatives, competitive environment, financial/business line performance metrics, and risk profile. These activities foster an environment of ownership and accountability and support the drive for superior financial performance.
- Implement a comprehensive understanding of business and financial metrics that drive results. Use understanding to provide value-added analysis through Business Unit Reviews (BURs), profitability reporting, monthly close meetings, and other high-impact recommendations to senior managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders and provide continued support/development of the budget and forecast process including related reporting/modeling and variance analysis.
- Communicate with senior management to identify risk and opportunities, measure the financial impact and partner with management team to solve issues.
- SEC Reporting, industry benchmarking, allocation and ad hoc analysis, and other special projects as needed by management.
- Support ongoing system development/process enhancement initiatives for planning, forecasting and business unit reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration preferred.
- MBA is a plus.
- CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience preferred. Some prior mortgage banking/financial services experience preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities and exceptional financial modeling and analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Hyperion or other financial reporting system.
- Basic knowledge of databases (Oracle/Access).
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in close coordination with key finance and business unit leaders to drive results.
- Experience communicating financial results at the executive level.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Team player in a dynamic work environment.
The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting.
Internal use only: Job Band E