Reporting to the Security Shift Manager, the Security Supervisor supervises, trains, and coordinates the activities of Security Officers assigned to a shift. The Security Supervisor provides direction to Security Officers in order to create a safe environment for all of Horseshoe’s guests and employees. The Security Supervisor maintains employee files and coaches security employees. This position is responsible for providing superior service to Horseshoe guests by seeking out opportunities to be of service; by maintaining highly visible patrols to ensure a safe gaming experience; by assuring quality support to other departments so that they may serve guests more effectively. Proactively maintains public order, enforcing safety rules, protecting property and assets, and investigating disturbances in the hotel, casino and surrounding facilities. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Serves as a leader for employees while fostering teamwork, employee morale, motivation, and open communication.
• Acts as a role model and coaches while developing employees using a consistent, approachable demeanor, and clearly articulating expectations.
• Endorses the business objectives, ethics, and values of Caesar's Entertainment.
• Ensures that each team member clearly understands and is held accountable for their respective performance expectations.
• Directs all activities on the assigned shift.
• Monitors activity regarding Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission regulations and company policies to ensure effective performance.
• Supervises and trains staff to ensure compliance with all policies and regulations.
• Monitors incident reports, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Monitors the exclusion list and ensures effective enforcement where appropriate.
• Is accountable for service goals and objectives as well as customer complaints and claims.
• Counsels, guides, and instructs personnel on the proper performance of their duties.
• Cooperates with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
• Is responsible for the safety and well-being of guests and employees.
• Investigates or supervises the investigation of various incidents involving crime, employee misconduct, and issues that concern the welfare of the casino and the surrounding facilities and neighborhood.
• Is responsible for reviewing and approving documents as needed.
• Instructs, trains, and monitors officers in numerous daily duties including customer and employee relations, report writing, procedures in handling company funds, and critical incident management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• 5 years of law enforcement experience and/or casino security experience.
• 3 years supervisory experience.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license for the position as required by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must possess the ability to interact in a professional manner with the general public.
• Must possess investigation skills.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
• Must be able to instill a commitment to teamwork in shift personnel.
• Must possess strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions in response to critical incidents and employee conflicts.
• Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Must possess the ability to speak distinctly and persuasively.
• Must present a well groomed appearance.
• Must be able to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
• Must possess the ability to effectively work with all Horseshoe Casino Baltimore departments as required. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling employee conflicts.
• Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
• Responds to visual and aural cues.
• Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
• Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. Disclaimer
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or
As part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist
candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended.
These background checks include:
- Prior Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)