To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bangor, ME 04401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Technician (Overnight)
Cardinal Health • Bangor, ME
Posted 1 month ago
What does Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
- 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday midnight to 8:30 am. This may include working possible holidays. Candidate must be flexible to work different, days, schedules and shift based on business need.
Accountabilities in this role
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy. Many of your duties will include:
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speak with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- High school degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- State Pharmacy Technician license or national pharmacy technician registration/license preferred
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician is highly preferred
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility to work various shifts is preferred
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.