Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Shop Foreman. As a Shop Foreman, you will supervise employees engaged in repairing and maintaining rental equipment. Assists in coordinating and directing the workload of the Service Department for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work. Advises and recommends technician skills and training needs. Consistently exhibits Sunbelt Rental’s core values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Instruct, assist and train service technicians in best practices of equipment repair and safety
• Perform inspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of work performed
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes
• Work in cooperation with other areas to provide quality, seamless customer service
• Directs service technicians and yard staff in daily operations
• Schedules service and maintenance of equipment in the workshop and/or customer job site; including coordinating response to breakdowns with road technicians
• Monitors all equipment, ensuring that all repairs have been properly designated to the account of a customer, supplier or the profit center
• Assists Profit Center Manager in training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving conflicts
• Other duties assigned by manager
• Trade school or college degree (bachelor or associates) preferred
• Valid Driver’s license
• Previous supervisory experience
• 5+ years of mechanical experience within Rental Industry or similar industry
• Proven customer relations and communications skills
• Basic computer understanding to enter data or information into a terminal or PC
• Methods, materials and tools required to repair and maintain rental equipment
• Proven safety record
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Heating And Cooling