Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Facilities for Housing
Location: Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Pay Rate: $60,000.00 per year
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
Site Details: COCM has a Maintenance Supervisor opening at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL. COCM manages seven buildings on campus along with two additional buildings in on the FAU - Jupiter campus.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities for Housing; the Maintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting in facilities management, coordinating and supervising the work of employees and vendors, maintenance and upkeep of buildings and equipment, projecting a professional image and managing an environment where communication and customer service excel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This is a working supervisor position and will take part in 24hr on-call duty rotation (manager and maintenance rotation which requires 30-minute response time).
- Must participate in completion of regular work orders and tasks including; general furniture repair, painting, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical repairs and HVAC repairs.
- Manage a facilities maintenance plan, preventive maintenance schedule, and performs work order audits to ensure completion, accuracy and quality. Respond to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Participates in meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Takes part in emergency preparedness planning and as essential personnel in emergencies.
- Oversees maintenance staff performance, training, professional development.
- Assists and participates in the creation of the maintenance staff on-call rotation schedule.
- Works to support the entire maintenance team in their duties and responsibilities; excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are being followed; appropriate safety equipment is used, and health & safety policies enforced.
- Supervises turn preparation, processes and unit inspection.
- Assists in responsibility for keying/coring of locks,maintaining records, maintaining lock procedures and following all protocols for key management and security.
- Assists in the bid creation and review process for vendors and 3rd party contractors.
- Oversees work performed by vendors/3rd party contractors and inspects upon completion to ensure quality workmanship.
- Takes part in regular inspections of the buildings and systems.
- Maintains inventory of tools and equipment. Organizes and secures all maintenance storage units, shop and maintenance office. Orders parts, appliances, tools, equipment and furniture to ensure appropriate attic stock is maintained.
- Create weekly, monthly, and yearly reports of buildings status and goals.
- Ensure compliance of all work-related activities with company policies and procedures and perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with company, and generally accepted, safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Maintenance Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with COCM policies and applicable laws.
Required Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have 5-7 years of general maintenance experience and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Highschool Diploma
• EPA Type I and II Certified or be willing to participate in EPA Type I and II Certification within 90 days (start of employment) at own expense.
• Previous supervisory experience and experience with reviewing reports, budgets and Microsoft Office use.
URL blocked - click to apply
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
• Previous experience working with facilities management in student housing and or apartment facilities.
• Experience managing, and/or knowledge of, emergency preparedness plans and planning.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.