To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Rosa, CA 95407
- Phone: 707-547-1660
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Coordinator
Volt • Santa Rosa, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Bilingual English/Spanish- Human Resources/Recruiter Specialist
Provide assistance with Human Resource processes at the designated manufacturing plant. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, benefits administration, wellness programs, leaves of absence, 401(k), processing employment and/or payroll status changes, maintaining personnel files, inputting confidential information, supporting recruiting, staffing and onboarding efforts, and assisting with the administration of Workers ’ Compensation claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruiting and Staffing
- Coordinate hiring process for temp to hire and for regular plant hourly employees, including but not limited to tracking temporary workers over a time period to convert them to permanent employees, conducting background and reference checks, presenting job offers, complete new hire paperwork and communicate with the hiring managers and temporary agencies.
- Conduct employment testing for applicants as required for the position.
- Prepare and review new hire paperwork and offer letters.
- Coordinate the posting of internal job openings, which includes ensuring appropriate approval is received to post the job.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitating new hire orientations.
- Schedule interviews for non-exempt positions and ensure appropriate follow up occurs with internal/external candidates.
- Coordinate production of new hire packets; order and stock required supplies and paperwork; distributes packages, prepares employee personnel files.
- Perform data entry of benefits information in the HR system and benefit websites.
- Provide information to employees on all benefit-related questions and assist employees with benefit enrollment forms.
- Coordinate new employee benefits orientation.
- Responsible for administrating the leave of absences including preparation of required notifications and tracking and processing of health insurance employee payments.
- Responsible for the preparation of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications. Order and update compliance materials.
- Responsible for following procedures to ensure regulatory compliance including HIPAA and ERISA.
- Liaison at the plant for the Amy’s Family Health Center.
- Participate in and assist in coordinating benefit and wellness events (e.g. Open Enrollment, 401(k) meetings, health fairs).
- Maintain benefit files and records, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
Human Resources Administration
- Process and submit payroll information, including processing new hires and terminations, PTO requests, Employee Action Forms, troubleshoot payroll issues, distribute paychecks, and process verifications of employment for employees in designated manufacturing plant.
- Respond to employee’s payroll and HR related questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of PTO and salary and status changes.
- Assist employees with completing forms and process departmental forms, records and documents. This includes documents such as Employee Warning Notices, garnishments, EDD questionnaires, and other similar transactions.
- Keep all of the company organizational charts up to date.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Schedule initial appointment with Occupational Medicine for work related injuries requiring medical care.
- File Workers Compensation injury with carrier.
- Set up and maintain Workers Compensation file.
- Track appointments and ensure employee follows up with required care.
- Communicate work status to supervisor and Safety and track time on modified duty.
- Ensure Transitional Work Agreement (TWA) is on file, and maintained, for every employee on modified duty.
- Provide necessary information to Workers Compensation adjuster and respond to requests of information in a timely manner.
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Coordinate production of Human Resources forms and packets. Maintain and order supplies for the human resources department as needed.
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and back-up to the
- Receptionist/Office Administrator.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of administrative experience in a high volume/high touch environment
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources experience, preferably in manufacturing.
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors
In today’s job market, "who you know" matters more than ever - and that is why you should get to know Volt. We are one of the world’s largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at https://jobs.volt.com.
Volt Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.