Position type: Full-time
Location: Wilmington, DE
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
The Small Business Credit and Operations Manager will primarily manage the Bank’s Small Business underwriting program and manage its existing portfolio of credits. The incumbent will manage the Bank’s Small Business Credit Underwriter staff, which supports the Small Business efforts of all lines of business. The incumbent will carry the approval authority to complete a certain volume of loans and annual review credit packages while also working in conjunction with Small Business support staff and relationship managers. This role will assess new opportunities and ensure existing loan customers are being monitored and maintained to minimize risk to the Bank. The Small Business Credit and Operations Manager will direct and oversee the staffing, training, and performance evaluation processes for Credit Underwriters and review and prepare approval memos to ensure proper structure, eligibility, and accuracy for submission for signature for the appropriate approval level. The incumbent will prepare new money credit requests and review loans developed by loan officers for compliance and the Bank’s lending objectives, policies, and procedures.
The incumbent will assess collateral, cash flow, capital, and conditions of every credit request to make an informed and objective credit decision. This role will manage loan relationships by underwriting review, renewal, and modification transactions by the Bank’s credit policies, resolving account or customer issues, and providing administrative support as required. The incumbent will spread and analyze the company and personal financial statements, calculate repayment ability, prepare written reports to facilitate sound credit decisions, and analyze collateral adequacy with respect to credit structure and type of loan. The Small Business Credit and Operation Manager is responsible for completing real estate market analysis and/or industry market analysis. This role will participate in Risk and Credit Quality Committee meetings, recommend changes to Small Business Credit Policy, manage portfolio performance, and implement credit monitoring tools.
In addition to direct oversight for credit responsibilities, the incumbent will manage the Small Business Documentation team and work with the Audit and Compliance Lead to ensure regulatory compliance with HMDA, Reg B, Flood, FCRA, FCRA, and CIP. They will also be responsible for maintaining SOX processes and act as the Risk Liaison with ERM. The Small Business Credit and Operations Manager will collaborate with the Director of Consumer Lending Strategy and Operations and other stakeholders to enhance, grow and continue the build-out of core systems that support the Bank’s strategy of integration and optimization, up to and including design and replacement of current workflows.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Finance.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in commercial credit environment, including a strong background reviewing personal and business financial statements.
- Must have a proven ability to render sound credit decision on their own authority.
- Must have a strong knowledge in business credit underwriting and analysis, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns, review and understanding of data in both personal and business bureaus and a familiarization with Dun & Bradstreet.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with both internal and external customers.
- Must have strong PC spreadsheet skills and excellent analytical skills.
- This position requires independent thinking in collaboration with other professionals to address financial issues.
- Must have thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Cash Management