GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer in the State College, PA area. This role can be fully remote in the continental US.
Seeking a DevOps Engineer with knowledge of cloud-based systems and associated development environments. This hands-on position requires broad competence and technical knowledge of Azure cloud systems and technology to support the development and deployment of Machine Learning (ML) technologies. We are seeking intrapreneurial minded, self-motivated professionals who routinely lean in and are comfortable working outside of predefined job responsibilities. The successful candidate will join a talented team of professionals who are engaged in petabyte scale ML and will play a role in realizing our overall vision while simultaneously providing insight and subject matter expertise to influence strategy.
- Collaborate with our team of data scientists, data engineers, and scientists to support optimization, scalability, and deployment of innovative Machine Learning technologies.
- Provide subject matter expertise to ensure processes and technology are repeatable
- Support optimization and automation of well-structured and tested code.
- Server administration, and monitoring.
- Technical project management including assessing risk, analyzing costs, setting expectations, and communication of timelines and roadmaps.
- Prototyping, development, and deployment automation of delivery technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science.
- Self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure VMs, Azure Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys engaging in team environment including daily stand ups and routine brainstorming
- Excellent organization skills and project management mindset
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Familiarity with meteorological data formats (NetCDF, GRIB, BUFR) is a desirable
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, SQL, Databricks, Azure cloud environments
What We Do:
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to DevOps Engineer for the latest employment opportunities.
© Global Data Consultants, PA USA
- Application Development
- Attention To Detail
- C++ (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- Verbal Communication