Williamsburg, VirginiaFor over 100 years, at Riverside Health System, we have made it our mission to care for others as we would care for those we love.Overview
Responsible for the integration of the nursing process to include: coordination/management of patient care; organizing, planning, directing and evaluating of services provided with a core focus on facility and associated departments. Provides leadership, direction and mentorship/support to the staffing needs for the designated specialty. Provides leadership, direction and mentorship/support to the staffing needs for the designated specialty area(s). As a Clinical Expert, ensures the provision of clinically competent services by validating staff competency in the provision of a comprehensive range of services/care in accordance with standards of excellence, age-specific and cultural sensitivity established by Riverside Health System and facility goals and strategic plans. Performs other duties as assigned.What you will do
- Continuously improves the delivery and outcomes of comprehensive, quality, personalized patient/customer care economically and in accordance with patient safety standards, standards of excellence and the Riverside Code of Conduct. Monitors clinical activities to identify both expected and unexpected risks.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced technical knowledge/clinical competencies in nursing as evidenced by the ability to assume a role in the provision of patient care as needed. Assures that unit policies and procedures are current and consistent with regulatory guidelines. Monitors for adherence to policies and procedures by use of audits, observations, and timely feedback. Sustains an environment of progressive and evidence-based nursing practice.
- Builds credibility with physicians as a champion for patient care, quality, and professional practice. Collaborates with medical staff to implement evidence based practice and process improvement (protocols, policies, CPOE, etc.) Demonstrates the ability to address physician issues/concerns and follow through within 72 hours.
- Demonstrates understanding of both internal and external diverse patient care populations served. Recognizes and embraces age diversity in the patients/customers as well as the workforce.
- Participates/oversees the planning and monitoring of the budget for defined areas to include appropriate resource allocation determination. Completes variance review, analysis, and action plans based on approved departmental expense and productivity budget. Understands and shares with staff updates in healthcare economics and public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care.
- Participates positively in hiring, oversight, training and support of all team members, volunteers and students to include positive acknowledgement and disciplinary action as appropriate. Completes accurate staff evaluations in a timely manner. Promotes satisfactory staff retention and is competent in labor relations matters. Seeks guidance from Director and HR in sensitive or complicated matters.
- Participates in the assessment and improvement of the health care status of the community served as a representative of RHS, individually or by facilitating staff/team involvement. Links customer needs with community endeavor, i.e. RHS Foundation, United Way, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society. Minimum department/facility participation in 2 events per year.
- Maintains knowledge, affiliation/networks with professional/civic/service organizations that support professional development/relationships that align with the mission, vision, and values of RHS. Inspires a shared vision for the department incorporating passion about the mission, vision, and values. Promotes and supports independent, autonomous nursing judgment, priority setting, and critical thinking skills.
- Program Graduate, Nursing (Required)
- Bachelors Degree, Nursing (Preferred)
- Masters Degree, MSN or related field (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Nursing (Required)
- Progressive leadership experience (Preferred)
As a Riverside Health System team member, our benefits have you covered: Health & Wellness:
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Virginia Department of Health Professions Registered Nurse Upon Hire(Required)
- CPR/BLS Certification - American Heart Association/American Red Cross/American Safety and Health Institute (AHA/ARC) (Required)
Peace of Mind:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside Health System services discount
- Flexible spending and savings accounts
- Healthy lifestyle incentives
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- Extended illness bank
- Care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Area retail discounts
- Community involvement opportunities
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Nurse Practitioner