About Our Job
Please apply as soon as possible, as this posting may close without notice.
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least three days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
The secret is out: The City and County of Denver is not only one of the nation's top places to live, work, and play, it also made the Forbes list of top employers in Colorado, ranked #10 in the state of Colorado. Being the one of the best places to live and work isn't easy, and Denver strives to hire the best people to represent our beautiful city. We are seeking people who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of this City and have a hand in creating our future. When you join us, you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work critical to the success of both your organization and the City as a whole. #WhereDenverWorks.
The Denver City Attorney's Office is one of the largest law firms in Colorado, with over 230 attorneys and staff members comprised of paralegals, victim advocates, and other support and supervisory staff members. It may have the most diverse practice of any law firm in Colorado since Denver is a home rule city and county. Clients include the Mayor, City Council, all other elected and appointed officials, all city agencies, departments, boards, commissions, and employees.
The City Attorney's Office is dedicated to providing an equitable, inclusive, and diverse work environment. Through Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts, we strive to respect and honor differences, create a culture of compassion, collaboration, and common purpose for sharing our talents, skills, and creativity with each other. We are committed to removing barriers and providing opportunities. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate these core operating principles.
The Denver City Attorney's Office seeks an Associate Application Support Administrator. In this Application Administrator role, you will have a unique opportunity to support the City Attorney's Office (CAO) managing agency's Case Management System, configuring and supporting user software applications, while also maintaining and repairing routine to complex problems.
The responsibilities for this Associate Application Support Administrator position include:
Case Management Systems
* Systems analysis and administration - works independently with project stakeholders assigned projects to identify, document, and validate system architecture and requirements.
* Develop and deploy standards, methodologies, and best practices for applications utilization, business process improvement, application interfaces, and report writing. Document procedures, applications interfaces, service-level agreements, and other methodologies related to applications systems.
* Establishes and executes test plans for unit, integration, and acceptance testing.
* Documentation, testing, implementation, maintenance, and modification of primarily off-the-shelf application software
* Create and repair custom reports/queries in IBM Cognos platform - Candidate should have a solid understanding of SQL.
* Configuring security models and workflows, scheduled jobs, business rules
* Identifies, documents, and reports potential issues with application interfaces and data import/export methodologies.
* Primary liaison between CAO and software vendor, Technology Services Department, and end users
* Day to day software maintenance and system analysis
* Manage user permissions on system level, data management, and troubleshoot general issues
* Inventory management of computer equipment and technology supplies.
* Submit and manage new user and end user tickets
* Work with Technology Services to troubleshoot program and agency software issues
* Routine setup and troubleshooting with CAO employees
* Work with Technology Services Department on pilot projects
* Manage end user permissions for third-party platforms (ICCES/CCE, File & Serve Express, WestLaw, etc.)
Applications and Software
* Assist/Manage CAO-specific software - contract renewal, install, data transition, training, upgrades, new user training
* Workday/Case Management System Data Analysis Reporting
* Assist with CAO SharePoint/Website administration
Employees may be re-deployed to work in other capacities in their own agencies or in other City agencies to support core functions of the City during a City-wide emergency declared by the Mayor.
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed. However, the allocation of positions will be determined by the amount of time spent in performing the essential duties listed above.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
* Professional Information Technology experience maintaining, implementing, and modifying information technology systems or work processing operations including system hardware and software
* Experience in system administration
* Experience with IBM Cognos - Query Studio and Report Editor
* Solid understanding of SQL
* Proficient in working with vendors to open cases and see the cases through to resolution
* Experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite applications and Office365 (specifically SharePoint)
* Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions, including some scripting ability to create custom solutions
* Proactive collaborative approach in problem resolutions
* Ability to lead troubleshooting on an entire application stack
* An eye for continuous process improvement
* A positive outlook and willingness to pitch in
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
* Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field.
* Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of Information Technology experience maintaining, implementing, and modifying off the shelve application software.
* Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
* License/Certifications: None.
To be considered for this position, you must include the following on your job application (upload the multiple attachment(s) to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab):
* Resume - Required
* Cover letter - Highly preferred
About Everything Else
CA3064 Applications Support Administrator Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$59,075.00 - $97,474.00
Based on education and experience
City Attorney's Office
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Case Management Systems
- Computer Architectures