Installation & Repair Technicians, if you are looking for a career opportunity to work with an industry-leading and innovative company that will truly value your efforts – look no further and join us at Hargray Communications Group, Inc.! We are a leader in the telecommunications industry, dedicated to meeting the communication needs of our residential, business, large enterprise and resort customers. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight ,
As a part of our extended growth, we are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Installation Repair Technician to join our team. In this position you will play a key role maintaining and repairing all underground, direct bury, and aerial cables used by our company by applying your expertise, technical aptitude, and critical thinking. If you would like to join an organization that will reward your hard work and dedication, contact us today, we may have the perfect place for you!
As a Business Development Specialist you will be responsible for researching and discussing new customer facing technologies with other team members for future implementation in projects. You will be expected to utilize experience, technical aptitude, critical thinking and proven techniques to provide our business customers with technology solutions in all areas they require. You will additionally be required to splice, maintain and repair all underground, direct bury, and aerial cables used to supply Telephone, CATV and High Speed Data services over and all fiber optic plants. This will involve working with internal sales team to qualify customer’s needs and providing 2nd level support to field technicians, sales, and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
- Designing, installing, maintaining, and documenting customer’s technology and communications.
- Verifying information on repair orders and service orders and advising appropriate employees of any needed correction or changes.
- Installing fiber optic demarcation devices both indoor and outdoor at customer premises
- Communicating with supervisor on status of projects, achievements, or issues relating to current tasks.
- Working as primary point of contact and providing escalation support for maintenance customers.
- Providing training and assistance for new employees and participating in cross training.
Minimum Qualifications: Only candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting windows 2000, 2003, SBS2003, Apple OSX, OSX Server 10.4 and Unix Server OS
- Advanced knowledge of service delivery methods and network design
- Working knowledge and functions of T-1’s and PRI’s
- Advanced knowledge of WiFi design, engineering and installation
- In-depth knowledge of broadband technologies with proficiency in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Metro Ethernet Line, Metro Ethernet Private LAN, Symmetrical High Speed Data, A Symmetrical High Speed Data, and Cellular Site Backhaul
- Strong understanding of Ethernet networks, TCP/IP connections, routing protocols, VOIP Codec’s, and HFC networks
- Familiarity maintaining and troubleshooting computer and network related technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, hardware and software firewalls, routers, and unified threat management solutions, and 800.11B/G/N/AC Wi-Fi technologies
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Category 5 Cabling
Local Area Networks
Hybrid Fiber Coaxial