To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brooklyn, New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Respite Support Professional
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Inc. • Brooklyn, New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
The Respite Direct Support Professional (DSP) supervises and supports an individual with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the home setting in the absence of the usual caregiver. The Respite DSP is required to understand and follow the Code of Ethics, ensuring the client’s health and safety, promoting independence, person centered decision making and demonstrating good judgment at all times.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the overall care, safety and well-being of the individual during the absence of the usual caregiver(s).
- Understand and follow Individualized Service Plan (ISP- OPWDD treatment plan) safeguards for the individual.
- Responsible to assist in Activities of Daily Living (ADL) for the individual as needed.
- Report to supervisor and family any unusual medical, behavioral or other occurrences.
- Complete and submit OPWDD documentation on a monthly basis.
- Complete all trainings as required.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
Must be at least 18 years old no educational requirements.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic computer skills preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT:
The position may entail lifting/physically assisting individuals using mechanical devices, positioning of clients and pushing wheelchairs.