Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Supplier Development Manager - NA Region to join our team. This position can be based at one of the following locations: Southfield, Michigan OR Galesburg, Michigan OR Marshall, Michigan.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide operational execution for the Vehicle Group (VG) and eMobility in North America as it relates to Supplier Development. Works with SCM and other key functions to execute and optimize supplier base quality performance, managing a team of Supplier Development professionals through the utilization of policies, procedures and tools ensuring alignment to our business and customer requirements.
- Work closely with the global SDE team to identify, qualify, and manage a highly capable supply base and drive the utilization of preventive / corrective improvement projects using quality systems, tools and processes to achieve the performance goals of VG & eMobility.
- Determines regional staffing needs and manages direct reports day-to-day activities to ensure that work being done is aligned to business priority.
- Builds functional excellence and organizational capability by developing commodity/process expertise, through development planning that supports the regional business needs.
- Executes standards and deploys Eaton’s supplier quality and development policies, procedures and tools.
- Works cross-functionally with SCM, SQ Managers, Engineering, OPEX and Operations to ensure supplier sourcing, launch and on-going performance meeting defined targets and overall business needs.
- Monitors supplier quality APQP and Performance metrics (e.g. DPPM, HI-DMR, PPAP, Flawless Launch, etc.) addressing performance gaps through defined actions and recovery plans.
- Conducts periodical deployment checks to evaluate effectiveness of Supplier Development policies, procedures and tools and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Travels to supplier locations as necessary, providing technical leadership and communication back to the Eaton businesses.
- Ensures goals and performance expectations are aligned to support corporate, regional and customer expectations. Provides leadership in quality including: Supplier Capability Assessments, APQP, PPAP, Capacity and Performance Improvement.
- Responsible for building regional process expertise in key commodities/processes such as casting, electronics, plastic, machining, heat treat, including leveraging the team knowledge globally.
- Builds functional competency through alignment with the quality functional competencies with compliance to appropriate Vehicle Group policies, procedures and tools.
- Selects, develops and coaches direct reports to ensure effective operation and function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, SCM, Quality or Operations Management from a nationally accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing/operations experience in ME, Quality, or Purchasing
- Solid experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes for key critical commodities: Electronics, Castings, Machining, Plastic molding, Stampings, Special processes (CQI related)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing people
- CMQ/OE certified or equivalent body of knowledge
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified or equivalent body of knowledge
- Working knowledge of industry tools (PPAP, APQP, MSA, PFMEA)
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 (ISO 9001:2016)
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS16949 (IATF 16949:2016)
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI and Problem-Solving tools
- MBA Preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification desirable
- Expertise in RedX or other problem-solving techniques and tools
- Program management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect (influencing) abilities
- Ability to operate with wide latitude for actions and recommendations which support the business regionally
- Ability to set strategic quality / development improvements for the region
- Ability to assess and build organizational capability
- Travel up to 50%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Production Part Approval Process
Six Sigma Methodology