At CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking Program Facilitators – Substance Abuse who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Program Facilitator conducts various programs in a group setting to inmates/residents assigned to residential and non-residential programs. Interviews and assesses prospective program participants to determine individual and group needs. Implements a wide range of programs and experience facilitating and delivering behavioral programs to include Substance Abuse.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Plans, conducts or facilitates workshops, and group activities specific to programs by facilitating group discussions, lecturing, demonstrating, and using audio and/or visual aids and other material to supplement program curriculum. Follows standard curriculum for the program and supervises all program activity.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning and personal growth of inmates/residents by establishing standards of behavior and participation, and encourages inmates/residents to maintain these standards.
- Coordinates admissions, evaluations, program completion, and program termination information with other interested staff and departments. Maintains and monitors confidentiality of inmates/residents and administrative files.
- Evaluates progress of assigned inmates/residents and reviews status to verify that programs are completed.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of standard narrative, statistical, summary and/or operational records, reports and logs, to include attendance and other statistical information. Properly processes all reports and documents in a timely manner.
- Assists in supervision of inmates/residents, both within the facility and during program activities.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Sixty (60) credit hours of college coursework is required.
- Two years of experience facilitating and delivering behavioral programs to include Substance Abuse is required.
- No substitution for the educational requirement.
- Experience with custody and control of inmates/residents preferred.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Substance Abuse