Provides service to customers by phone. Provides customer service to incoming calls across multiple business lines, including Retail, Home Equity, Mortgage, and/or Business Banking.
Location: Bridgeport, CT- Buffalo, NY - Millsboro, DE - Work From Home
**We are offering permanent remote for those who reside in the M&T footprint but outside of Buffalo, NY, Bridgeport, CT, or Millsboro, DE area.
**We are offering temporary remote to those who reside near Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE. You must report into the M&T Contact Center(s) in Buffalo, NY, Bridgeport, CT, or Millsboro, DE once M&T decides to return employees to work on-site full-time.
**Candidates must have reliable high-speed internet connection in order to have a work from home office.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Must have open availability to cover 6am – 9pm Monday thru Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday and/or Sunday.
Training: Full-time paid training is for several weeks. Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- May service incoming calls in multiple queues throughout daily shift.
- Provide account information, respond to maintenance requests, respond to customer questions and resolve any problems or issues.
- Fulfill customer requests for account maintenance activities on deposit, installment loans/line and credit accounts for Retail and Home Equity, Mortgage, or Business customers, including transferring funds, making payments, placing stop payments and account restraints, placing Debit/Credit card blocks and completing address changes and various account maintenance forms and transaction disputes, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research customer complaints or problems related to their accounts or Bank services and resolve them in a timely and accurate manner or escalate to management as appropriate to meet customer needs.
- Cross-sell Bank products and services to incoming customer service callers to meet their needs and expand their overall relationship with M&T Bank.
- Serve as coach to newly hired agents throughout the new hire training process.
- Identify opportunities to suggest alternative Bank products or services to customers that better suit their needs to contribute to customer retention.
- Complete special assignments, projects and new hire coaching, as requested.
- Obtain Retail Advance Plus position requires Safe Act Certification.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service, sales or related experience
Cross trained in one additional skill area
Strong communication skills
Strong telephone skills
Good organizational skills
Good time management skills
Basic familiarity with personal computers (PC)
Proven problem-solving skills
Knowledge of the customer service concept and importance in developing and expanding relationships
Education and Experience Preferred:
Familiarity with the Bank's computer systems and frequently used forms, products and services
Minimum of 2 years’ customer service, sales or related experience within specific product discipline
Strong knowledge of pertinent Bank products, services and proceduresLocation
Millsboro, Delaware, United States of America
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service