Documentation and Training Specialist
Seeking a motivated and self-directed individual for a position as a Documentation Training Specialist. This position provides the opportunity for flexibility and exposure to grow in the fields of automated body assembly, powertrain and even aerospace systems. While primarily based in Southfield, MI, the position also offers opportunities for short term travel in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Job description: The primary responsibility of the Documentation and Training Specialist will be to develop technical maintenance documentation for use by our customers and to conduct associated training onsite at customer locations. The documentation includes but is not limited to Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Product Specific Manuals, Single Point Lessons, ECPLs, and instructional materials for training.
The Documentation and Training Specialist will be working with design and shop floor integration personnel to develop documentation and training materials. This requires travel to our local build facilities, as well as to customer sites to collect information for documentation and training purposes.
- Technical writing experience in the automation industry
- Controls/Electrical background (hands-on automation debug and startup experience)
- Experienced with conducting standup instruction in front of customer personnel (preferred)
- Ability to be self directed on projects
- Must be able to effectively use the following applications:
AutoCad (Basic Understanding)
- Articulate communicator: You can translate highly technical processes into user-friendly training solutions.
- Analytical : You understand how applications and systems work. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach.
- Strategic problem solver : You should have excellent critical thinking skills, ability to dive into the details, and ask intelligent questions.
- Flexible: You have a natural collaborative style and understand it takes a team. You are responsive and willing to pitch in and help.
- Comfortable with change. You understand that what we need today may be different than what we need tomorrow.
- Priority management: You 'get ' what is a priority and can independently manage deadlines to completion.
Anyone accepting this position must be willing to travel occasionally. Travel required is approximately 2 weeks a year but can vary based on project requirements and work load. Travel is primarily in the US but may also extend to Canada and Mexico.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.