Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. Our Pet Segment is seeking a 2nd shift Machine Operator to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Chilton, WI. You will be responsible for setting up and running machines, palletizers and scales. This position works four 10-hour days, Monday through Thursday; enjoy a long weekend every week! If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Start machine, make adjustments as necessary and perform necessary troubleshooting.
- Perform efficient machine set-up.
- Maintain communication with mixers, line associates and during shift change.
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Train new and existing line personnel and backups.
- Perform inspection of bags for quality seals.
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Understand and know the goals and objectives of the department.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to operate forklift and handcart in a safe manner.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 105 lbs. with assistance.
- Must have the ability to stand, bend, twist, turn and climb.
- Possess solid organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Profit Sharing