Manages the production of complex financial reports and reconciliations of various Bank product accounting systems to provide timely data for internal and external partners. Manages the reconciliation of incoming and outgoing funds affecting the Bank's general ledger and/or accounting for the Bank's third party-owned portfolio. Provides oversight and supervision to ensure all internal and external deadlines are met, while providing accurate reporting. Remains current on regulatory, GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) or third party guidelines and manages procedural updating to accommodate changes. Monitors and participates in external and internal audits. Participates in and/or leads department or COE-wide projects as necessary.Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Manage the production of complex financial reports and reconciliations of various Bank product accounting systems to provide timely data for internal and external partners. Manage the reconciliation of incoming and outgoing funds affecting the Bank's general ledger and/or accounting for the Bank's third party-owned portfolio.
- Ensure assigned staff is fully trained in required responsibilities and that all internal and external deadlines are met, while maintaining accuracy.
- Develop strategies to reduce costs within the unit, while ensuring adequate controls are maintained.
- Represent the department when supporting business line initiatives and their impacts to operations. Participate, assess and implement changes related to business line projects.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- Monitor procedures and performance to ensure processes remain compliant with Bank policies, GAAP, regulatory and/or contractual requirements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of controls and risk assessment within department processes.
- Participate in internal and external audits and manage to the results.
- Provide updates to senior managers as required.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 year' related work experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years' related work experience
Minimum of 2 years' work leadership and/or supervisory experienceEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience
Accounting experience in a financial services firm
Familiarity with loan and deposit servicing
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need