To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- Vaco - Memphis
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Vaco Financial • Memphis, TN
Posted 2 months ago
Vaco's Financial team has partnered with a great corporation in Memphis, TN to help find a Tax Advisor. You will be responsible for reviewing, advising, leading, ensuring completion and compliance of the corporation's tax obligations in accordance with state, federal and international laws leveraging specific tax knowledge and technological advances.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics or related discipline
- Five (5) years directly related tax experience in public accounting or corporate lax department.
- Strong human relations, analytical, communications and research skills.
Tax Compliance Tax Accounting/System support
- Review, advise and oversee the application of city/county/slate/federal and international tax regulations to ensure company compliance with governmental lax regulations.
- Advise, review and ensure the completion of the separate/combined/consolidated lax returns, tax provisions, estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, and extensions
- Create, review, and advise on detailed documentation to support lax positions
- Analyze, interpret and review data to form conclusions regarding statutory incentive tax credit opportunities
- Advise on, review and maintain point of sales lax system including, but not limited to determining and updating custom tax rates.
- Evaluate, design and implement tax process improvements under the supervision of the Executive Advisor or Tax Manager to streamline and rationalize manually intensive tax processes by utilizing integrated financial, operational, and information systems.
- Review, analyze and interpret information from diverse sources to form tax positions for multiple divisions
- Create, review and advise on detailed documentation and findings in support of tax filings.
- Consult with management on tax issues and provides tax recommendations
- *. Oversee and ensure adherence to department policies regarding managing, updating, and ensuring tax work is in compliance with required SOX control objectives.
- Review and advise on tax footnotes including consolidated schedules that go into the footnote.
Tax Research/Special Projects
- Utilize academia knowledge and communication skills to execute protocols in accordance with governmental regulations including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, stale, and local jurisdictions
- Evaluate, review and communicate detailed research documentation supporting tax planning/compliance conclusions
- Analyze, interpret and review tax regulations for tax impact to all divisions
- Evaluate, document conclusions, and communicate to management tax impact for various tax special projects
- Represent all divisions in Tax Audits including federal/stale/local and international tax issues
- Analyze, review and interpret information to complete Information Document Requests for federal/state/local and international tax audits
- Develop and review detailed documentation supporting tax requests
- Prepare/review memorandums documenting tax conclusions and communicate to management
- Review and evaluate tax legislation and legislative changes.
- Form conclusions related to tax legislation and communicate the tax impact to management.
- Interpret tax legislation to ensure appropriate application for tax reporting purposes.
- Create/review detailed documentation/calculations supporting tax impact of legislative changes
- Assist in management coordination of the Tax internship and mentoring programs.
- Assist, as needed, with training, learning and development function for the Tax organization.
- Assist with vendor management
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and use of CorpTax software for provisions and compliance
- Experience with partnership taxation
- Ability to lead to complex tax projects while ensuring timely and accurate results
- Experience with SEC reporting
- Strong analytical, problem solving, technical, tax accounting, and research skills needed
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting or taxation
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.