The Supervisor – Senior may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations
or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during
the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services at larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1or more years related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo School Services is seeking a highly motivated Food Service Supervisor to join our management team at Millard Public Schools!
Millard Public Schools takes great pride in the success of our students, and Sodexo supports this goal by providing nutritious meals to kids through delicious recipes and creative menus. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication
skills and the ability to effectively manage frontline production employees in a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Our next Food Service Supervisor will work within our K-12 school district in suburban Omaha, NE
. Primary location is: Millard Public Schools Support Services, 13906 F Street, Omaha, NE, 68137 (Sodexo Unit Number 70014001). The Food Service
Supervisor will oversee food service operations at approximately 11 schools and work closely with our Catering Manager to deliver catering services throughout the MPS district. Hours vary depending upon needs of the district, schools and employees, and the
Catering Department. This is a full-time, weekday non-exempt position.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising front of the house food production and service, ensuring regulatory compliance, proper marketing, and excellent customer service
- Overseeing daily activities at schools, maintaining high safety standards, and providing support to kitchen managers and frontline employees
- Assisting with catering for various events throughout the district
- The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of the NSLP guidelines and USDA commodities
- Excellent client relations and team building skills are a must
- A highly qualified candidate has the proven ability to manage all of these functions (at times concurrently) with professionalism and a positive attitude
- Previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred but not required
- Exceptional leadership abilities and careful attention to detail are essential for success in this position
- Adept caterers are encouraged to apply!