To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Staffing Now
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager - Federal
Staffing Now • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a boutique federal accounting, management consulting and enterprise solutions firm. Is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join their growing dynamic team. You will be responsible for the management and supervision of one or more engagements, in addition to all associated clients and employees; with definitive responsibility for the technical quality and customer satisfaction during the engagement.
As the highly qualified Senior Manager, you'd be expected to manage and provide expert Federal accounting, financial management advisory/support services to Federal clients. You will help identify and resolve client financial systems and reporting deficiencies and recommend improvements to existing analyses, processes and reporting. You will also have direct client contact on an on-going basis.
• Project Management, communication, leadership, problem solving and decision-making and supervision and management of team providing Federal accounting and financial management to clients.
• Utilizes technical expertise and managerial skills, including providing assistance with the preparation of work plans, contracts, budgets, project teams, and client relations
• Provide management Subject Matter expertise and oversight over client tasks to include:
• Agency's annual and quarterly Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Statement of Net Position, Statement of Net Cost and Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR); lead the development, compilation and reporting of agency-wide consolidated financial statement
• Compile elimination and adjusting entries including accrued benefit adjustments, workers' compensation liability adjustments and other year-end adjustments
• Support completeness and accuracy of compiled agency trial balances for the GTAS transmission and compliance with Treasury reporting requirements
• Provide OMB Circular, US Treasury Financial Manual expertise and guidance to Federal executives.
• Provide client response to requests from Auditors, Congress and Departmental request.
• Review spreadsheets reflecting percentages by sub-agency, for allocation of overhead and reconciliations of the net cost as per Statement of Net Cost to Strategic Goals of the Dept.
• Provide expertise relating to General, Trust, Receipt, Special and Working Capital funds.
• Supervise multidisciplinary staff teams across the agency or department.
• Advise the client regarding new requirements and impact on Agency accounting
• Compliance Requirements - identify and make recommendations to the agencies, to include; compliance with Single Audit Act, FFMIA, FISMA and OMB Circulars A-123 and A-136.
• Audit Remediation - provide verbal and written explanations in support of work products to: the OCFO, the OIG and the independent auditor; assist with audit resolution, e.g., NFRs, significant deficiencies, material weaknesses and Management Advisory Comments
• Manages client expectations and attempts to develop strategic client relationships.
• Facilitates or participates in the planning phase of engagement(s); Oversees budgets and manages standard project controls: issues, risks, and changes. Has primary responsibility for deadlines and deliverables.
• Allocates and reviews employee work and provides guidance and performance feedback to enhance employees' professional growth. Maintains all professional training requirements and requires employees to do the same
• Creates presentations and management materials for client
• Maintains and supports compliance with legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements surrounding the industry, fields of work, work environment, and employees.
• Supports and participates in company initiatives, leadership programs, and other programs/opportunities.
• Represent the company at industry initiatives and industry working groups. The highly qualified candidate will possess the following abilities, attributes, experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting or business majors required
• CPA required. PMP and/or CGFM/CFE is an advantage. Minimum of 10 years relevant federal financials experience.
• Hands-on experience in Federal financial statement audit, compilation, reporting, closing package, balance sheet reconciliation, flux analysis, footnotes
• Excellent command of USSGL, A-136, OMB Circulars and Treasury Guidelines
• Experience in Oracle Federal financial or major Federal financial systems
• Advanced Excel required, IDEA, SQL and/or Access, a plus
• Project management skills required and prior experience managing projects of the same scope or size
• Proactive person with the ability to react with a sense of urgency and manage conflicting priorities, communicate effectively and to take ownership of work