UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives; we have the know - how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Analyst, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and analyze various financial reports for Medicare & Retirement as well as Community & State Finance Leadership with direct access to all levels of leadership
- Understand the UnitedHealth Group financial forecast process and become an active participant in assisting financial planning and analysis teams as well as supporting regional reporting team
- Analyze and report on financials and partner with senior leaders to collaboratively manage budgets
- Assist with managing complex inputs and technical models for forecast and accounting actuals processes
- Collaborate with core team as well as cross functional teams to innovate and improve day - to - day tasks
- Act as finance liaison for the delivery of forecast and monthly accounting actuals reporting with financial planning and analysis as well as regional reporting teams and data needs
- Assist with monthly accounting close research and analysis, working with various accounting team members
- Assist in data control checks and validations
- Support and help manage core team documentation and organization
- Learn and become a strong technical programming knowledge expert to help support Medicare and Retirement finance teams
- Various ad hoc analyses and reports as necessary
You'll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You'll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
*** In office, Minnetonka, Minnesota preferred but will consider Telecommute also***
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1+ years of finance or accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet multiple hard deadlines
- Demonstrate the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Demonstrate a consistent eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Possess sound business knowledge and sound decision - making skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- SAS, SQL, or related programming experience
- Healthcare industry experience, or large company experience
- Hyperion Essbase, SmartView and PeopleSoft experience
- Proven communication skills to communicate in an effective manner, in person, via email and in online Teams meetings
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with sound personalities and focus on teamwork
- Proven executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers to share best practices and complete projects
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Financial Analyst, Finance, Accounting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota