You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Customer Service Representative I - Collections Hybrid
AT&T Johnson City Hiring Event at our Call Center
Saturday 4/01/2023 from 11 a.m.- 2p.m.
2612 N. Roan St Johnson city , TN 37601
This hybrid position is located in the Johnson city, TN Call Center and is remote only on Mondays and Fridays.
This is your opportunity to be the voice of AT&T – a global leader in communications and technology. As a member of our team, you’ll redefine customer service, creating meaningful connections with each customer. Every interaction is an opportunity to introduce the latest technology, services and offers. While you drive to meet your daily and monthly sales goals, you’ll help our customers stay connected to what matters the most.
This position is a Hybrid position. You must be able to report to the center for work on your in-office days located at 2612 N. Roan St. Johnson City, TN 37601
Take the lead at the frontline of our company in a hybrid role that works in center and from home. In this multifaceted role, you’ll assist with telephone and virtual customer interactions working in center 3-4 days weekly and remotely from home 1-2 days weekly. You’ll utilize various tools and systems (telephone, e-email, e-care, correspondence, TTY and online chat) for this WFH Hybrid role. You’ll proactively evolve to meet customers’ needs and competitive demands. Success will depend upon your in-depth knowledge of AT&T’s products and services and your ability to provide effective resolutions.
Our call center environment is constantly evolving so we’ll look to you to drive tools and technology to enable first call resolution. In the process, you’ll develop experience with a broad range of customer service call types like: advanced technical support, collections, retention, sales channel coordination and billing and adjustments. You’ll also engage third party vendors and suppliers as needed to address service faults and provide customer resolution. You may be tasked with identifying, tracking and rendering issues to assist in various root cause eliminations.
In addition to these duties, you’ll be required to:
- Handle wireless local number portability (WLNP), relocations, combined bill support, after hours inquiries and pre-paid service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer impacting issues such as but not limited to: voice & data issues that span multiple networks and interdependent network elements, considering network conditions, connectivity, devices, applications, provisioning and billing. (Note: The skill and knowledge required will change with technology and application innovations.)
- Assist customers with products and services such as but not limited to laptop connect services including air cards, USB devices, initial set-up, configuration of AT&T provided software & applications.
- Proactively engage T3 support (network and IT) to address & resolve issues.
- Remain proficient in all billing, rate plan and feature matters.
- Must have verified internet service (secure, reliable and dedicated high speed is required to support business needs) and an established dedicated work area (desk, chair, electrical outlet, direct LAN connection). Company will provide equipment (keyboard, monitor, computer, mobile device, etc.)
- Must maintain workspace in alignment with WFH standards (e.g., technical, security, physical, noise levels, Clean Desk policy etc.) and participate in workspace audits (e.g., remote desktop observation, call and screen recordings, live webcam monitoring, pictures of workspace setup, video chats, etc.).
- Be available, accessible, and accountable to work during established work schedules and shifts, follow technical support processes, comply with organizational security and compliance standards, trainings, performance management, recurring management routines, manual and automated remote monitoring policies, etc.
How you’ll make an impact
You’ll handle customer service calls ranging from billing and payments to plan changes and upgrades. You’ll use creative problem-solving skills to address complex customer questions and concerns while navigating between multiple tools and systems to update customer accounts and maintain records. Your goal will be to provide effective and timely resolutions for customers and deliver personalized recommendations for our latest products and services. Your consultative approach will help you meet monthly sales goals and to ultimately deliver an outstanding customer experience.
What your day-to-day will look like
- You’ll instill confidence and loyalty in the customers through thoughtful listening, utilizing your knowledge of AT&T’s products and services to effectively service and retain customers.
- You’ll resolve complex customer issues, virtually, using various tools and resources, along with quick access to engage with your manager or support team for assistance.
- You’ll be an expert at simplifying the explanation of customer bills, rate plans, and features of AT&T’s products and services.
- When issues arise, you’ll step in to perform basic troubleshooting on both products and services.
- In this full-time hybrid position (40 hours/week) you’ll work a set schedule including breaks, lunches and scheduled open time to ensure availability to answer the customer’s call and provide exceptional service.
We prefer that you have:
- At least one year customer service experience
- Call Center experience is essential. Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend, or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required
- Advanced typing/keyboarding skills
- Our Customer Service Representatives earn $18.01. hourly. You can earn $37,466.00 per year. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid Time off and holidays (With some exceptions bargained employees qualify for one week of PTO after 6 months of service and 2 weeks after the first year). At least 6 company designated holidays and additional PTO (based on bargaining group to which you are hired).
• Sick leave
• Paid Parental Leave
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness, accident hospital indemnity/group legal
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Career possibilities are limitless with AT&T. You will have the chance to round out your experience with training on the latest technology, devices and our entire lineup of products, services and promotions. If you’re ready to take the lead as the voice of AT&T, we’d love to hear from you!
- Business Requirements
- Call Centers
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gad83r1
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.