The Service Technician is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies;
- Repair vehicles using appropriate tools, technologies and procedures in order to restore vehicle to proper working conditions;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Ensure maximum productivity, customer service and cost control.
- Perform all repairs utilizing appropriate tools, procedures and operations.
- Disassemble and assess any supplemental needs, labor, parts, and communicate with Shop Foreman, Assistant Service Manager, or Service Advisor
- Perform quality repairs at all times and notify management of any substandard processes, parts or procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel regarding any issue which may cause a repair delay to a vehicle.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
Operate with integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace, or outside the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and resolve customer complaints and adjustments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- High school diploma or the equivalent recommended but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- ASE certification, local state safety inspection and emissions license preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Work performed in shop setting due to the location of customer vehicles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.