To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Bend, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Intern (Summer 2019) - South Bend, IN
Hubbell Inc • South Bend, IN
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
3902 West Sample Street
South Bend, IN 46634
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test and integration. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Writing Engineering Standards.
- Perform Basic Product Tests:
- Audit Yellow Tag Area as needed.
- Assist with UL standards and documentation for new lab.
- Assist with HD Audits.
- Assist with FAI’s (First Article Inspection) associated with NPD (New Product Development) or vendor changes.
- Execute simple projects appropriate to skill level, within an NPD project.
- Assist with RoHS and REACH compliance.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be at least a rising sophomore enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Computer, Industrial, Civil, Aerospace, or STEM related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Strong computer skills with preferred experience using CAD/related drawing software. Preferably SolidWorks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.