To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Biomedical Technician II
University of Maryland Medical System • Easton, MD
Posted 5 days ago
Under general supervision, performs repair and maintenance of electronic patient care/monitoring and clinical engineering equipment, including safety testing, installation, calibration, routine maintenance of complex medical electronic equipment.
1. Performs preventive maintenance, repair and calibration services on complex electronic patient care, clinical laboratory, computerized pneumatic conveying equipment and basic radiographic equipment in accordance with departmental standards and manufacturers operating and repair manuals.
2. Interprets and performs inspection procedures appropriately and documents procedures in accordance with Joint Commission regulations and departmental policy and procedure.
3. Identifies potential safety hazards of equipment and documents actions taken to eliminate them.
4. Responds to work requests, troubleshoots malfunctions and makes the necessary repairs in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
5. Installs, repairs and maintains complex diagnostic and therapeutic equipment including their electronic and mechanic components.
6. Schedules third party repair of equipment when needs are beyond the scope of the department’s expertise.
7. Maintains test equipment and tools in good working order.
What You Need to Be Successful:
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of experience with installation, testing, maintenance and repair of instrumentation, power supplies and electro/mechanical power transmission devices for clinical, biomedical or radiological equipment is required.
IN ADDITION ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE MET:
-Associate’s degree in Biomedical Technology/Electronics Technology (or related field)
-Certificate in Biomedical Equipment Technology (or related field),
-Electronics Certificate, is preferred
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, computer, and organizing
-Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation to travel between sites.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.