Bring your problem-solving mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, and established expertise to Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE).
We are actively hiring for ownership-level, Experienced Structural Engineer opportunities in Denver, CO (Lakewood); Honolulu, HI; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA (Pasadena); New York, NY (Midtown); and San Francisco, CA (Emeryville).
With an in-depth knowledge of the design, construction, investigation, and/or repair of various new and existing structures, you will pursue the projects you want to work on, foster client relationships, manage projects, and mentor up-and-coming staff, all while still getting to do the hands-on technical work you are passionate about.
WJE's structural practice spans 30 offices company-wide. You will work in a collaborative environment, supported by the company's collective technical knowledge, our state-of-the-art laboratory and testing capabilities, and a team of enthusiastic professionals striving to deliver innovative yet practical solutions in the built world.
With more than 65 years of experience in the forensic structural, materials, and architural engineering field, and more than 700 professionals across 30 offices, WJE Associates have the opportunty to learn from and grow alongside industry-leading experts (locally and company-wide). You will work in a challenging yet collaborative environment, supported by our collective technical knowledge and state-of-the-art laboratory and testing capabilities.
WJE is an employee-owned company that employs a diverse group of C2E2 people-people with outstanding Character, unwavering Commitment to our core and culture, strong Expertise, and genuine Enthusiasm for their work. Our extraordinary people enjoy a fulfilling and flexible work environment: one that is inclusive and genuinely values and fairly treats every employee; one that is based on trust and personal responsibility; one that encourages open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, excellence, and teamwork; and one that provides each employee a combined opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth that is unsurpassed in our business. Learn more at www.wje.com/about
* Collaboration with interdisciplinary project teams, including providing expertise for a variety of structural engineering projects (e.g., investigation, troubleshooting and repair of existing systems; and design, detailing, and specialty consulting for new systems)
* Project management, including client development, project scoping, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
* Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company research and development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
* Minimum of eight years' relevant industry experience (15+ years preferred), including technical and project management experience in the investigation, design, analysis, and/or repair of various new and existing structural materials and systems, including concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems
* Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) or Professional Engineer (PE), as applicable by state
* Master's degree or better in civil/structural engineering or related field (significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree)
* Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated competence in transitioning quickly between multiple priorities while maintaining effective coworker and client relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
* Ability to attend meetings at various office, field, and construction sites
* Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
* Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
* Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
* Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
* Ability to travel
* Ability to safely work at heights
* Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts, and other access equipment (with training)
* Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction site hazards
* Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
* Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
* Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Annual starting base salary (gross): $94,600 to $152,400. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on several factors including consideration for a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees. WJE offers an industry-leading total rewards package that enables our employees to grow and thrive with comprehensive health and financial benefits including robust and affordable health plans, generous 401(k) matching and bonus programs, time off to care for yourself and others, and investments in employees' professional development, to name a few. More information on WJE's total rewards package can be found here.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
- Architectural Drawing
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Displays