Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, RCM Accounts Receivable in our Conshohocken, PA office. The Supervisor, RCM Accounts Receivable will directly supervise the RCM AR work force to ensure that the objectives of the department are accomplished. Monitors and controls the performance, speed, quality, attendance, turnover and satisfaction level of employees and provides feedback to the department manager.Responsibilities
- Utilize management reports and tools and other various reports used to monitor the status of A/R for assigned clients to ensure appropriate billing and timely collections
- Monitor and maintain correction queues, and other system processes to ensure completion of denial and no-response workload.
- Assume the ultimate responsibility for the Accounts Receivable and denial trends within the clients designated.
- Interface with third party payors calling into the company via the Call Center’s "insurance line" and requesting a supervisor.
- Address problems and issues identified by staff. Communicate issues to manager through daily verbal communication and written status reports.
- Assume the ultimate responsibility for trends.
- Communicate industry, company, payor and procedural information to staff, providing an update regarding outstanding issues and resolutions.
- Identify and communicate training needs to the Trainer and other management staff.
- Manage staffing schedules to ensure timely completion of work while reducing the need for overtime. Ensure production goals are met daily.
- Provide feedback whenever necessary for off-site vendors. Identify training issues and performance needs, suggest improvements to appropriate management
- Routinely review production and reports to monitor activity and gap time; reward outstanding performance and address deficiencies.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Determine reward and promotion based on performance
- Review staff performance, conduct performance evaluations and implement corrective action
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures
- Hire and train new employees
- Maintain timekeeping and staff records
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment of claims.
- Medical insurance industry terminology.
- Payor-specific requirements and guidelines for billing.
- HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other critical governmental regulations.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English.
- Convey thoughts in a well-organized, concise manner. Use appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
- Perform in a consistently organized manner with strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Management or Healthcare related field.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in the medical billing field along with excellent knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Shield rules and regulations.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Maintain fluency (working knowledge of) with various tools:
- Billing systems (e.g., EmBillz).
- Spreadsheet, word processing/presentation tools, (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Bank lockbox and reporting systems.
- Timekeeping, Payroll, Human Resource Information System tools (e.g., Kronos, Oracle)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment. A company matching 401 K, tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.