JBT is a diverse, global company with many needs for international management talent and great opportunities for experienced graduates. Our businesses are worldwide, and opportunities are broad in scope.
Start your career with us.
Being a global company allows us to present you with a number of career opportunities. JBT is one of the largest solutions providers to the global food processing industry. The largest food processors within the fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry, seafood and bakery industries are among our customers.
The Material Control Supervisor coordinates the timing of materials movement from receiving, issuing and shipping. Responsible for inventory accuracy. Oversees department efforts that support achieving company goals for lean enterprise including key performance indices (KPI). Determines and administers policies and procedures relating to shipping, receiving and storage of a variety of equipment, supplies and materials. Embraces the Lean Enterprise strategy and adheres to all safety policies.
- Provides support to production scheduling on all material issues required to meet production schedules and customer part requirements. Ensure that whatever merchandise are received meet order specifications. Oversee the constant flow of stocks in and out of company’s warehouse facility.
- Interfaces with Operations Manager, Planners and Sales Teams on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet customer order ship dates. Set and meet 100% on time pick dates for mfg production orders.
- Coordinates all activities related to inventory control. Reviews completed sales orders. Determines parts room and warehouse layouts to optimize material movement. Responsible for forecasting company’s future stock needs and PFEP.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory levels on a monthly basis. Ensure that inventories are constantly up to standards. Reviews shipment issues, determines root cause and corrective action. Ensure proper management of aging and excess stocks.
- Prepare inventory documentation including accurately recording type, quantity, quality, and other features of inventory for a clear understanding of the state of the stocks. Coordinates daily cycle counting and physical inventory. Analyzes variances and implements corrective actions.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and cost reductions. Manages VMI programs.
- Coordinates all shipments from the RUS facility by preparing shipping documents; ensuring proper packaging is communicated to and utilized by the shipping team; calculating freight class; determining proper routing and complying with JBT and customer routing guidelines.
Plans, and schedules tasks over short and long range periods and assigns priorities to team members for completion. Addresses personnel issues directly and in a timely manner. Ensures that employees receive effective communication regarding company policies, programs and initiatives. Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees. Ensures employee training and compliance with established safety guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred. Consideration will be made for equivalent experience.
Knowledge of shipping requirements for freight carriers UPS, FedEx and LTL.
Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
Knowledge of Syteline.
Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments
Ability to supervise employees. Employee development and performance management skills.
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
High proficiency in Excel and other analytical software tools.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
Manages six or more full-time and temp employees in shipping/receiving, inventory and work order coordination.
Assigns, monitors and reviews work for accuracy, quality and progress. Trains team members to improve skill, productivity, safety, quality and processes.
While performing the duties of this job is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Spends majority of time in an warehouse/manufacturing enviroment
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Material Control Supervisor
You may also call Megan Centers at
if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Packaging And Labeling
Process Improvements (Business)