To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Application Performance Management Engineer
Kforce Technology • Shelton, CT
Posted 25 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Application Performance Management Engineer in Shelton, Connecticut (CT). Summary: The client is currently seeking a Lead Application Performance Management Engineer to be a member of the Monitoring & Logging Operations Team. The lead APM/Monitoring Tools Engineer will help to expand enterprise monitoring operations by managing and supporting enterprise roll-out of key APM and monitoring tools. The candidate will be responsible for configuring and deploying application monitoring tools, which provide reactive and proactive alerting as well as rich management capabilities. Responsibilities include designing and building new services using monitoring tools and enriching of existing instruments to enhance the service. Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Subject matter expert on APM tools
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of application performance of company's e-Commerce platform
- Work with our application architects, product managers, development engineers, and operations analysts in improving systems performance of our eCommerce, B2B applications
- Analyze system performance results, diagnose performance problems, and develop action plans based off of performance testing results and performance monitoring data
- Gather performance data and build systems performance reports, and create actions around them that will address performance issues
- Planning, supporting and responsible for creating and implementing systems monitoring that will drive to improve the performance and reliability of the company applications
- Effectively collaborate with business team members to answer questions and clarify expectations around requirements and delivery of functionality
- Provide 24x7 support as needed
- Evaluate Proof of Concepts (POC) and validate whether the solution meets the business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Systems Engineering or related field
- Must have 7-10 years of experience on administration of APM (or similar) tools and on-boarding complex applications to enterprise APM tools and network monitoring tools
- Experience in understanding complex application frameworks and flows and assist with developing and implementing custom monitoring solutions
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership
- Prior knowledge with performance data analysis, performance tuning, and performance monitoring for web/e-Commerce applications
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics, dashboards or scorecards
- Advanced experience with any of the following APM/Monitoring tools: AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, Introscope, SolarWinds, Splunk, SCOM, HP SiteScope, or similar tools
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, regular expressions is preferable
- Have complete understanding of universal monitoring tools and processes
- Experience in monitoring systems on premise and in one of the major cloud providers
- Ability to perform technical assessment, requirement capture & analysis, workload modelling, Scripting, test design, test execution
- Excellent experience in performance bottleneck analysis and provide recommendations
- Experience with Java/Java Web Services RESTful (primary), WSDL, XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls