If you are an experienced Warehouse Supervisor looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Warehouse Supervisor. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Warehouse Supervisor will include:
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet business objectives for department regarding: safety, quality productivity, responsiveness, etc.
- Counsel/Support hourly employees with needs/concerns as required
- Address performance behaviors; commend & reinforce those that are positives, discourage and discipline those that are negative
- Uses Quality Network problem solving process to address opportunities within area - engage work force for ideas
- Apply Workplace Organization (WPO) process to improve layouts and efficiency
- Perform daily Timekeeping System (TKS) updating to ensure accurate processing of payroll data
- Use A-3 reporting format to document problem solving activities and observe local A-3 guidelines
- Conduct daily huddle-up meeting to communicate business performance and have two-way discussion with employees
- Perform and document weekly safety observation tour of department
- Plan daily work load in advance
- Support colleagues to optimize shift performance
- Observe contractual requirements (National & Local)
- Enforce Shop Rules
- Perform daily SOP audit checks
- Advance skills through Individual Development Plan (IDP) process
- Keep General Supervisor Shop Committee apprised of all pending activities
As a Warehouse Supervisor you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic math
- Oral and written communications skills
- Understand of basic technology of area where assigned
- Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of quality control procedures
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in the field
- High School graduate or equivalent training, plus additional training such as that acquired in the first one or two years of technical or business school
- Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
Preferred Work Schedule:
- Must be able to work second shift. 2:30PM start time
As a Warehouse Supervisor with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Warehouse Supervisor Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Warehouse; supervisor
Complex Problem Solving