Requisition ID: 116601
Job Level: Entry Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) District is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. KIE has an immediate opening for a Takeoff Specialist in our growing Design-Build Delivery group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design-Build Estimating Department, which includes management of all pursuit engineering efforts and estimating for the following disciplines: structural, geotechnical/foundations, civil, drainage, roadway, MOT, rail, and materials.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design and construction teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
• Quantifying construction elements using PDF plans, 2D CAD files, and 3D models. Scopes of work to quantify typically include concrete structures, light rail trackwork, mass earthworks, retaining walls, bridges, site work, and underground utilities.
• Developing 2D CAD files and 3D models of construction elements to be used for constructability review and operation planning.
• Using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets that can calculate, compare, and summarize quantities of construction materials.
• Reviewing contract documents, including drawings, and specifications. Ability to understand the scope of work, project constraints, construction tolerances, and different material types.
• Complete takeoffs utilizing partially complete or in progress design documents. Be able to conceptually visualize the general intent on incomplete drawings.
• Coordinate with other takeoff personnel working together to facilitate the takeoff off and quantity comparison of a project’s construction components in a timely manner.
• Ability to stay on schedule and gauge the level of effort to complete the task at hand.
• Maintain organized records, working drawings, and take off summaries.
• Identify missing design elements or an overlap in work areas with other disciplines.
• Create exhibits for review purposes showing take off assumptions and communicating to others what has been included or excluded from quantity take off.
• Familiar with reviewing construction drawings and project specifications including general arrangements, plans and elevations, topographic site plans, site grading plans, typical sections, details, and cross sections.
• Engineering math skills, with ability to measure, calculate, and convert material volumes.
• Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel. Able to use Excel to create pivot tables, calculate end areas, calculate volumes, and summarize quantities. Must be able to create and or review complex mathematical formulas to assist with calculating area measurements.
• Ability to work on multiple projects, under tight deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
• Associate degree in CAD Technology or engineering related field or Engineering or Construction Management Degree
• Proficiency with at least one infrastructure-focused modeling software such as Bentley MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD Civil 3D, or Trimble Business Center
• Experience with takeoff software such as Onscreen, Bluebeam, Plan Swift, or similar preferred but not required.
• Relevant work experience in heavy civil construction and experience using CAD technologies preferred but not required.
• Experience working on design build construction projects or estimates preferred but not required.
Base Compensation: $41,368 - $62,052
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.