To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Portland, OR
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU/KUNP in Portland, Oregon is seeking a detail-oriented Research Director to interpret the value of our audiences delivered through our local broadcast television stations, community outreach and digital solutions. This position will captain all research efforts in support of positioning our multi-media marketing solutions in the community and with customers. In addition, this individual will assist in the development and distribution of sales materials for all properties – working directly with sales management, news and creative services teams.
- Manage multiple resources and projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of station research, insights and analytics projects
- Maintain an overall knowledge of current clients and top prospects to assist in developing account strategies
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technology and coordinate vendor relations
- Be accountable for the overall management of research and insights projects, including timeliness, quality, relevance and client value
- Evangelize the value of analytics services internally and directly with clients
- Ensure strong operational processes are in place to deliver across all areas of responsibility
- Create executive-level presentations that include actionable insights and strategic recommendations
- Assist with preparation of presentations for sales staff and senior leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required skills and competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in delivering analytics results working in media, marketing or marketing research field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English or Statistics or equivalent experience
- Strong executive-level client facing skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical concepts with confidence in an easy to understand fashion
- Ability and willingness to take a hands-on execution role where required to support client needs and team development
- Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research and comScore on local television sample
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert level proficiency with media related software including Wide Orbit, Nielsen, comScore, Media Audit, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!