Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer uses state of the art tools and expertise on a variety of complex manufacturing issues to increase the capabilities to produce products and improve manufacturing processes to eliminate waste and rework. Drives continuous improvements to increase capacity and reduce cycle time. Establishes process indicator metrics for manufacturing operations to drive productivity. Designs, improves and installs integrated systems in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment. Directly impacts all aspects of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and innovation, as well as the sustaining and growth efforts of operations. Serves as a mentor to junior Manufacturing Engineering staff, supporting development of a world-class organization.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides objective, functional and financial engineering guidance on capital expenditures to division management to follow up on the implementation process
- Coordinates all phases of cost reduction; forecasts labor and equipment requirements to ensure adequate equipment, machine capacity and labor
- Establishes and maintains labor standards to monitor direct/indirect labor and machine performance
- Develops, improves, and monitors standards, procedures, processes and performance to reduce costs and to improve production operations
- Identifies, leads, and supports multiple A3 continuous improvement projects and kaizen events
- Provides knowledge and expertise, acting as professional resource for colleagues
- Develops cross-functional partnerships to support production and meet business objectives, including role modeling behaviors
- Provides leadership to junior colleagues, including guidance on best use of MPS tools and proper use of industry standard tool sets in accordance with the skills matrix
- Provides guidance on addressing and solving complex technical problems and encourage resolution of problems through data collection and analysis tools
- Establishes relationships with supply base
- Serves as primary external customer interface and leads improvement activities to support internal customer service
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- The primary duties in this job require analysis, interpretation or deductions from facts, available information and data. Requirements involve the comparison and the evaluation of possible results or solutions after considering various possibilities and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Expertise and working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Demonstrated expertise in systematic problem solving, analytical thinking and data oriented
- Demonstrated expertise in Kaizen and continuous improvements
- Expertise in value stream mapping and capacity planning
- Tool and fixture design experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing equipment design and specification for electromechanical products
- Proficient with tool manufacturing processes
- Ability to mentor and develop junior staff
- Ability to apply MPS tools
- Proficient at Flow Line implementation
- Proficient at developing standard work
- Proficient with SAP processes for Manufacturing Engineering functions
- Proficient with manufacturing and inspection processes at supplier to be able to identify root cause of quality issue
- Electronic manufacturing and testing processes experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of conducting Design of Experiment
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Product Quality Assurance
Engineering Design Process