To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Material Handling Technician I
JLL • Sacramento, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with one of the world’s largest online fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
Material Handling Technician I (entry level)
The Industrial Service Technician I will be responsible for the maintenance of Conveyance, Material Handling and Associated Equipment in a distribution environment
Responsibilities will include:
• Repairing and making improvements to material handling equipment
• Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
• Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
• Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
• Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining industrial equipment with electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
• Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
• Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
• Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
• Electrical, knowledge of basics components
• Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
• Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
• Supporting continuous improvement in department
• Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
• Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
• Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support & Customer Service:
• Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
• Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
• Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
• PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
• Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
• Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
• Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM’s and do basic repairs
• Basic knowledge of electrical components and their function in a control system. Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings. Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
• Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
• Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.