The Softlines ASM is responsible for maintaining appropriate effective balance between member experience and process functions, driving business results for the Softlines Team through effective leadership, teambuilding, direction and coaching of the Softlines departments and store team in the key areas of process execution, expense management and member experience. This includes, but is not limited to, selecting, scheduling, supervising,directing, coaching and performance management of associates; key driver and profitability analyses and performance; identification and solution of business problems and overall store management responsibilities.
* Ensures consistency and effectiveness of customer service for enhancing the Member experience within Apparel,Home and storewide.
* Monitors the Point-Of-Sale Checkout to check that checkout standards are achieved, that processing returns and exchanges are happening seamlessly and timely for all Members.
* Personally versed in the benefits of Shop Your Way, credit and leasing as the elements of a WOW experience, and able to sell the program to both associates and Members.
* Ensures consistency and effectiveness of operational process execution throughout apparel and soft home: Replenishment; Floor Sets and Resets; Pricing Accuracy; Ready All Day standards; Staffing/Employment Compliance/Retention; Scheduling to meet labor scheduled/worked requirements with intense focus on nights and weekends
* Performs supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to: making employment decisions regarding
hiring, promoting, demoting, and terminating; conducting performance appraisals; and coaching and developing associates.
* Monitors that associates are up‐to‐date on selling techniques, product knowledge, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW member experience.
* Ensures store safety, inventory and shrink controls.
* Achieves controllable cost plans relative to the department.
* Where applicable, monitors the consultative Jewelry department of selling standards, credit, care plans, ad setup and general signing
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 1‐2 Years
License/Certificate Required: No
Driver's License Required: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 18+
*Prior management training required
*Knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures
*Strong leadership and organizational skills
*Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions
*Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team and members
*Skills in selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment
*Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross‐functional working groups and achieve results
Preferred Skills: Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
#job #retail #management #assistantstoremanager #softlines #westland #michigan
Ensure Financial Integrity