To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • New York, NY
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant to work closely with the Finance Director who will be directly responsible for the accounting needs of a Class A building. This position will be located at the client’s satellite office.
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and timely and accurate payments of vendor invoices.
- Review monthly tenant billings to ensure that tenants are being billed correctly.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and make initial tenant collection calls.
- Prepare monthly financial package and any required journal entries for accrual basis books.
- Prepare escalation calculations estimates for Operating Expenses, and Real Estate Taxes.
- Annually, prepare Escalation Reconciliations and tenant letters.
- Monitor Sales Tax Payable accounts for building
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget.
- Participate in special projects, including Business Development Plan, Annual Management Audits and any client. analyses and reports as the need arises.
- Monitor property and client satisfaction relating to team.
- Bachelors in Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounting, preferably in the Real Estate industry.
- Basic understanding of all functions and responsibilities of Property Accounting.
- Possess a detail-oriented focus with a structured level of organization and commitment to streamlining processes.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, fast paced environment while managing a large volume of work load.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with a commitment to produce a high quality accounting and reporting product.
- Develop and maintain client relationships as assigned.
- Demonstrate leadership in a professional manner through work habits, attitude, and achievement of the goals of the department.
- Demonstrate independent thought process and independent action.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to juggle and prioritize tasks according to needs and deadlines.
- Continuously promote the image of Jones Lang LaSalle within the Company, and with our Clients, through quality of work and professionalism.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft office products, real estate accounting software, preferably Yardi and Kardin budgeting software.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]