Iberdrola’s newly created Retail e-Solutions organization is seeking talented candidates who are passionate about innovation, green energy and delivering smart customer solutions. We are seeking self-driven, passionate and ambitious individuals to join our fast paced, dynamic organization. Now is the best time to join our company and grow your career with us.
The Senior Director- Retail Solutions will lead a profitable national Energy Retail Sales organization through the development of local and national sales channels to meet business performance goals. Provide leadership development and oversight to ensure a high performing sales teams in coordination with the national Retail team while ensuring business is conducted in a compliant and ethical manner in adherence with policies and regulations.
• Working with the Iberdrola national team to evolve Iberdrola’s USA Retail Sales organization
Skills and Requirements
• Recruit, develop and retain key talent in the USA
• Work in coordination with the national organization to successfully meet/exceed sales and profit targets
• Ensure ongoing coordination, collaboration and compliance with Iberdrola’s policies and plans
• Own and enhance all sales quality and sales compliance metrics
• Develop accurate sales forecasts and develop and execute sales plans
• Represent Iberdrola in the USA Retail market including community and stakeholder outreach
• Achievement of sales goals/forecasts through the implementation of sales, and contracting strategies within the budget
• Assess market conditions to develop and execute competitive strategies to grow market share in the area in line with the Company's strategic direction.
• Understand customer needs and establish specific business plans and solutions that meet those needs (short and long term)
• Oversee sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
• Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support and collaboration
• Manage key customer and partner relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
Education & Experience Required:
• Requires bachelor’s degree or eight years of equivalent experience in Retail Sales in a senior leadership role
• Eight or more years related work experience, including sales and management.
• Must have a deep understanding of the Texas/US energy field including retail market, regulatory and wholesale market understanding
• Must have a broad knowledge of sales techniques, as well as regulations governing Texas/US retail energy market.
• Must have strong leadership, planning and strategic thinking skills.
• Good oral and written communication, presentation, and financial management skills required.
• Must have ability to recruit, select, train, lead, manage, and supervise a diverse group of managers and producers to meet the goals of the region.
• Must be able to develop and maintain community relations.
• Must be strategic-minded with superior collaboration skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and verbal and written communication skills. Self-directed with a high degree of initiative, as well as a high sense of urgency and ability to meet strict deadlines.
Education & Experience Preferred:
• Advanced degree / relevant certifications
• Experience working in a global company or matrix reporting organization
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
• Flexible, adaptable, enjoys a climate where change is constant
• Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and enjoys improving processes
• Regular and reliable attendance is a requirement of the job
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director- Retail Solutions
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director- Retail Solutions
Complex Problem Solving