Full Time ExemptExempt
Washington, DC, US
Our client, a leading Washington, DC law firm, has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join its Information Services Department. This role serves as an engineering and project lead on the Network team and is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
* Monitor, maintain, support, and optimize Microsoft Azure Infrastructure, Intune MDM and Office 365.
* Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments
* Monitor, maintain, support and optimize Active Directory and Group Policies within a Windows Server 2012, 2012R2 and 2016 environment.
* Assure reliable and consistent operation of DNS and DHCP
* Assist with management and maintaining VMware Vsphere 6 environment supporting Windows 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and various Linux based operating systems.
* Manage and maintain network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WWAN, and Internet connections
* Design, configure, maintain and support customer remote access solutions
* Configure, maintain, and manage SAN environment for multiple sites and replication.
* Assist and monitor our network security solutions to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks
* Manage and maintain successful backup and continuity solutions in primary and secondary locations
* Utilize network monitoring software to ensure timely alerts and response to network issues
* Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
* Serve as an escalation point for network systems operational issues
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
* Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains
* Participate in on-call rotation and respond to after-hours issues in a timely manner based upon severity and/or business impact
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience in systems engineering
* College degree preferred
* Microsoft Azure and Office 365 administration preferred
* Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Windows 10 workstations, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor network environment
* Experience with VMware in a Windows Server 2012/2016 environment
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2016
* Experience with Cisco UCS and Cisco VOIP solutions
* Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN configuration management and administration
* Experience with Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Access Gateways
* Experience with Nimble SAN Hardware
* Experience with network security for Windows Server 2012/2016
* Windows Server certification (MCSE) preferred
* CCNA and VCP certifications desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* The ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
* The ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
* Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
* Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
* Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
* Ability to create and consistently maintain reliable systems documentation
* Understands and adopts the organizational structure
* Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
* Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
* Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
* Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
* This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities are required which would require the applicant to lift files or equipment, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, kneel, stoop or crouch to access equipment, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, etc.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
* The Firm requires that the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed onsite during scheduled work hours.
*This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description of other requirements which include adherence to Firm policies and procedures as well as Department performance standards.
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development